All in all I’ve been pretty good this year, don’t you think? I’m hoping you noticed, and were able to look the other way now and then. Just in case I made the cut this year, here’s my holiday wish list, in no particular order. This Christmas, I wish for:
- Yao Ming to recover fully from his recent injury and return to the court. Soon.
- Steve Nash to win an NBA championship…with the Phoenix Suns.
- Rajon Rondo to win another ring.
- Brandon Jennings to continue to emerge as one of the most exciting players in the L.
- Greg Oden to fully recover and get back on the court.
- BoomDizzle and the Clips to prove everybody wrong.
- BDA to control the NBA draft. Again.
- Peace on Earth. And between David Stern and Billy Hunter. No lockout please Santa!
- Tiger Woods to return to dominance. A rising tide (even in athlete marketing) rises all ships.
- The Dodgers to return to MLB elite status. Peace in the McCourt court.
- A healthy economy and all of the marketing dollars that accompany it.
Not too much to ask, right Santa? 2010 has been a bit of a bumpy year. How about a healthy, happy prosperous 2011 for all of us? Sound good? Cookies and milk are waiting.